The governance bodies of the KDT Joint Undertaking are:
- the Governing Board that has overall responsibility for the strategic orientation and the operations of the KDT JU and supervises the implementation of its activities;
- the Executive Director who is the chief executive responsible for the day-to-day management of the KDT JU in accordance with the decisions of the Governing Board;
- the Public Authorities Board, competent for matters related to calls for proposals and allocation of public funding, and contribute to the drafting of the Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda;
- the Private Members Board, responsible for drawing up and regularly updating the draft Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda for achieving the objectives of the KDT JU, taking into account the input of the Public Authorities Board. They also organise advisory meetings of stakeholders and propose additional activities.
The Governing Board (GB) brings together the Private sector (representatives of the Private Members Board) and the Public sector (representatives of the KDT Participating States and the European Commission). It has overall responsibility for the strategic orientation and all operations of the KDT JU, and supervises the implementation of its activities.
In accordance with its rules of procedure, the Governing Board is composed of one delegation for the Commission, one for each private member and one for each KDT Participating State. Each delegation is made of a lead delegate, who holds the voting rights, and of representatives.
The Governing Board elects a chair and has three vice-chairs.
Governing Board chair and vice-chairs:
- The Chair and Vice-Chairs of the GB will be elected at the first meeting of the Governing Board.
Public Authorities Board
The Public Authorities Board (PAB) is composed of representatives of the public authorities of the KDT Participating States in the Joint Undertaking and of the European Commission.
Its tasks include advising on the draft Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda proposed by the Private Members, approving the rules of procedure for calls for proposals, establishing funding budgets and approving the launch of calls for proposals, the subsequent evaluation, ranking, selection and allocation of public funding to the successful proposals and their monitoring during execution. This it does while ensuring that the principles of fairness and transparency are properly applied in the allocation of public funding.
Private Members Board
The Private Members Board (PMB) is composed of representatives of the private members of the KDT JU (Industry Associations), each one appointing a lead delegate.
The PMB drafts and regularly updates the Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda, from which the Executive Director may develop the Work Programme for the KDT JU Calls.
The PMB members represent the community of R, D&I actors in the KDT JU programme, and organise supporting activities and events including an annual Stakeholder Forum.
The Executive Director (ED) is the chief executive responsible for the day-to-day management of the KDT JU, in accordance with the decisions of the Governing Board. The ED is the legal representative of the KDT JU and is accountable to the Governing Board.
The present Executive Director is Bert De Colvenaer.